Strategic Estate Planning Attorneys in East Greenwich
Advising you on an effective plan that accomplishes your objectives
For 30 years, Kerry I. Rafanelli, Attorney at Law has advised individuals on creating successful estate plans. We assess your objectives and tailor your legal instruments accordingly. Learn the answers to many of your questions on our estate planning FAQs page. Then, strategize an estate plan with our lawyer and discuss such important matters as:
- Wills -- A last will and testament gives you a tool for expressing your wishes regarding distribution of your property, guardianship of your minor children, care of your pets and appointment of your estate executor. Our estate planning law firm guides you through these crucial decisions and drafts a last will and testament to ensure that your objectives are accomplished.
- Trusts -- A trust is an effective estate planning instrument that may offer many potential benefits -- such as reducing estate taxes, giving you control of the funds use after your death, preserving your children's inheritances, providing for the care of your dependents and maintaining continued support of a charitable cause or institution. Our law firm assists you in choosing the right type of trust and establishes the legal instrument that supports your goals.
- Probate – Probate Court filings occur at a time when you are grieving the loss of your loved one. We can expedite the probate process and help preserve cordial relationships with family members.
- Durable power of attorney -- A power of attorney (POA) is a legal document that enables you to designate an agent to act on your behalf. The POA instrument may cover financial, medical or end-of-life decisions specifically or permit one agent to make all decisions if you should become incapacitated. We produce POA documents that protect your financial and physical interests.
- Advance healthcare directive -- An advance healthcare directive empowers you to make crucial end-of-life and medical decisions in advance in case you ever become incapacitated and unable to express your wishes. We guide you in drafting your living will and appointing a POA who can carry out your decisions.
Learn more from experienced lawyers for estate planning in Coventry, Warwick, East Greenwich and Cranston estates
Consult an experienced East Greenwich attorney to advise you on creating an effective estate plan. Call Kerry I. Rafanelli, Attorney at Law or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.