East Greenwich, Rhode Island, Divorce Attorney
Also Serving Clients in Warwick, Cranston, North Kingstown and Coventry
With three decades of experience as an East Greenwich divorce attorney, Kerry I. Rafanelli understands the challenges and heartbreak clients endure when separating from a spouse. We give you the personal attention you need as we guide you through the process of obtaining a Rhode Island divorce .
Contact our East Greenwich family law firm to learn more about our approach to arriving at a satisfactory resolution to:
- Division of marital assets – We pursue your fair share of marital assets, including real estate, pension and retirement assets, and personal property. If you have a complex marital estate, you will benefit from Mr. Rafanelli's extensive experience and access to experts who can provide an accurate valuation of assets . We have also worked with clients with separate or joint business interests to ensuring the continued health and success of the business.
- Spousal support and alimony – In Rhode Island, either party can obtain spousal support, but only if it can be proven that there is a need and the other party has the ability to pay.
We encourage clients to consider divorce mediation whenever possible. In most cases, mediation will reduce your cost, ease your stress and result in a faster resolution of the issues. For parents, mediation fosters the spirit of cooperation that will be needed as you move forward as co-parents.
Putting children first in divorce
Kerry Rafanelli puts children first in divorce. As a court-appointed guardian ad litem (GAL), Kerry zealously advocates for the best interests of the children he represents. He brings this extensive knowledge of custody matters to all of his cases:
- Child custody – Learn more about the factors the Rhode Island Family court judge considers when making a decision about child custody.
- Visitation is now called parenting time. A comprehensive parenting plan will include enough detail to prevent problems from occurring, minimizing stress to the child and the parents.
- Child support – We can help you understand how Rhode Island child support guidelines apply in your case and can quickly give you an approximation of the likely amount of support that will be ordered in your case. Recognize that child support can change over time, we also help change existing child support orders .
Attorney Rafanelli offers advice on mistakes to avoid and actions you can take to have a "good" divorce. Check out our Divorce FAQs .
Work with a knowledgeable East Greenwich divorce lawyer
Consult an experienced East Greenwich divorce attorney who can help you arrive at a fair divorce and settlement agreement through mediation or trial. Call Kerry I. Rafanelli, Attorney at Law, at 401-398-8388 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.